Dr Low received his medical degree from the National University of Singapore in 1983.
Passionate about sports since young, he pursue postgraduate studies in Sports Medicine at the United States Sports Academy where the received his Masters degree in Sports Medicine & Sports Science. He also holds a Masters degree in Public Health.
A Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), Dr Low served as the chairman of the ACSM International Team Physician Course committee and has lectured in ACSM courses around the world. His involvement in sports science and sports medicine education has seen him lecture for degree and diploma courses as well as certification programmes of the Singapore Sports Council.
Dr Low has been active in developing and directing medical support for events ranging from the inaugural Sheares Bridge Run to international events such as the Bintan Triathlon, MetaMan Long Distance Triathlon, Tour De Bintan cycling race, and the inaugural Ironman 70.3 Bintan event. He has also been medical director of race events in Malaysia, Lombok, and Vietnam. Regularly quoted in the media on sports medicine issues, he is a well known speaker speaker at public forums, sports clubs and workshop/training events in companies like Chevron, Creative Technologies, Development Bank of Singapore, Hewlett-Packard, and Shell.
Known to many as Sportzdoc, Dr Low has participated as the sports physician for national sports teams participating in the World & Asian Cycling Championships, World University Games, ASEAN University Games, regional cycling competitions. He is active in developing injury prevention programmes for individuals and teams.
SPORTZDOC was a featured speaker in these events:
- American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting (2005)
- Outdoor Education Conference (Ministry of Education)
- Singapore Sports Council public education forums
- Life Fitness Academy training programme (Sports Injuries, Physical Conditioning)
- Singapore Island Country Club training programme (Physical conditioning for golf)
- 2005 Runners Day Workshop
- School training programmes (United World College, Overseas Family School, JuYing Secondary School: Sports First Aid)
- Club talks: American Club, Singapore Island Country Club, Serangoon Gardens Country Club
- Upcoming: 2006 Runners’ Day Workshop (September 2006)